Fuel Cost Calculator
Biomass Fuel Cost Calculator to Estimate Your Fuel Needs and Savings
What you will need to use the Biomass Fuel Cost Calculator:
1. Old fuel bills from the past heating season (two years is even better!).
2. The current cost of your fuel. Here is a link to average fuel prices in New Hampshire, or check with your home state's energy office. Fuel prices vary from region to region.
3. The price of your new biomass fuel (If you do not know, use the New Hampshire link above).
How to Use:
1. Use the slider to adjust your annual fuel usage of the fuel you are currently using (grey cells).
2. Use the sliders to adjust the cost of the fuel that you currently use and of the fuel that you are comparing to.
3. Use the sliders to adjust the boiler efficiency if it is known.
4. Make sure to reset the calculator before checking a different fuel (all Annual Fuel Usage sliders must be reset to "0").