Automatic Wood Pellet Boiler by Fröling
High Efficiency EPA Certified Compact Pellet Boiler
The PE1 automatic wood pellet boiler by Fröling is EPA Certified!
The Fröling PE1 automatic wood pellet boiler is a compact, Lambda controlled boiler for central heating and for making hot water. Fröling PE1 wood pellet boilers provide a convenient, safe, and environmentally responsible way to heat space and hot water with wood pellets. PE1 owners are assured of unusually high heating efficiency, low heating costs, and the use of an abundant, locally available, renewable fuel. With its ingenious, fully automated operation, this boiler is amazingly easy to use. PE1 automatic wood pellet boilers provide the convenience of gas or oil central heat with dramatically reduced fuel costs and reduced carbon emissions. The boiler is covered by a 20-year limited warranty.
Available pellet boiler models:
• Fröling PE1 Pellet Boiler 15/20- 51,000-68,000 Btu/hr
• Fröling PE1 Pellet Boiler 25/35- 85,000-120,000 Btu/hr
As of December 2020, installations of wood-fueled boilers and stoves for home heating with an efficiency of 75% or better qualify for a 26% federal tax credit. The Investment Tax Credit or ITC, which has been available for other renewable energy installations for years, was finally granted for efficient wood heating after almost a decade of effort by the wood heating industry. Please visit this link for more history on the federal tax credit.
New Hampshire State Rebates (NH Public Utilities Commission)
• A rebate payment of 40% of the system and installation cost, up to a maximum of $10,000.
• Minimum three ton capacity for pellet fuel storage.
• Must be a resident of New Hampshire and their primary residence.
• A rebate payment of 30% of the system and installation cost, up to a maximum of $50,000.
• Minimum three ton capacity for pellet fuel storage.
• An additional rebate payment of 30% for the installation of a thermal storage tank, up to a maximum of $5,000.
Vermont Rebate Program (Efficiency Vermont and Vermont Renewable Energy Resource Center)
• $3,000 cashback after purchase.
• Rebates are for new, high-efficiency wood pellet boilers and furnaces that are installed as primary central heating systems.
• Replacement of natural gas-fired heating systems is not eligible.
• Systems must be classified as indoor systems and installed inside.
• Systems must be wood pellet only.
• Systems must have at least one-week fuel-storage and automated on/off and fuel feed.
Commercial buildings over 5000 sq. ft. may be eligible for funding of up to $1.25 per sq. ft. Please contact Renewable Energy Vermont for more details.
Vermont Renewable Energy Resource Center
• $3,000 per installed pellet boiler.
• Fuel storage capacity such that the system may continuously operate for a period of at least 14 days under peak load conditions.
• Automated fuel feed from a bulk storage container/area to the burn chamber in an integrated path.
• Automated on/off fuel feed control based on a demand for heat.
• Bulk fuel storage container systems must be able to receive automated bulk delivery of pellets.
• Customers are eligible for a $500 Pellet Storage Upgrade Adder for pellet storage systems that have at least 20 days of storage under peak load conditions.
• Residential and commercial installations qualify.
Massachusetts (Massachusetts Clean Energy Center)
• Mass save HEAT Loan - 0% for 7 years; up to $25,000.
• Alternative Energy Credits - The amount varies.
New York (New York State Energy Research and Development Administration)
Residential Small Commercial Pellet Boiler Incentives
• Incentives are 45% of installed costs based on system size:
|Boiler Size (kW)||Boiler Size (Btu/hr)||Maximum Incentive|
• An additional $5,000 for documented recycling (removal and destruction) of old outdoor or indoor wood boiler, or $2,500 for recycling a whole house wood furnace is also available.
• Incentives are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
• You may qualify for a Green Jobs - Green New York Smart Energy Loan to help pay for eligible project costs.
• Pellets must be stored outside of the building as outlined in the Program Manual.
• System Performance Requirements:
|Particulate Emissions||less than 0.080 lb/mmBtu|
|Carbon Monoxide (CO) Emissions||less than 270 ppm at 7% O2|
Large Commercial Pellet Boiler Incentives
• Base award of 40% (up to $200,000 for units with output over 88kW (300,000 BTU/H).
• The incentive is for 45% of installed costs, with a cap of $270,000 for tandem pellet boilers with output over 300 MBtu/h (88kW).
|System Type||Incentive||Maximum Incentive per Facility|
Output over 300 MBtu/hr (88kW)
|40% of Total Installed Cost||$200,000|
|Tandem Pellet Boilers
Output over 300 Mbtu/hr (88kW)
|45% of Total Installed Cost||$270,000|
Advanced Cord Wood Boiler Incentives
• Incentives are available for advanced cordwood boiler heating systems with full thermal storage for installations in the residential and small commercial sectors.
• The installation must include full thermal storage as outlined in the Program Manual.
• Total up to $10,000, calculated as 25% installed cost up to $5,000 per unit.
• $5,000 for documented recycling (removal and destruction) of old outdoor or indoor wood boiler.
• $2,500 for recycling whole house wood furnace.
• Up to $5,000 per installed unit is available for customers with existing oil heat or propane.
• Incentives are available on a first-come, first-served basis, and will only be reserved for customers once an application has been approved by NYSERDA
Maine (Efficiency Maine)
Automatic wodd pellet boiler comfort
The Fröling PE1 automatic wood pellet boiler is ingenious and fully automatic. It can replace an oil or gas boiler and can be relied upon to run for a month or more at a time without human touch. The boiler modulates to match the heating load and uses very little power to operate. The wood pellet boiler uses long-lasting, low energy, hot surface igniter for ignition. Other unique features that set the boiler apart from other wood pellet boilers are a combustion grate that slides to clean while at the same time integrating a chimney cut-off function to retain heat in the boiler when not actively burning. The standard wood pellet fuel vacuum can be located any place along the return air-line for easy service and sound management.
Learn More - Downloadable Brochures
The automatic sliding grate clears ash. The movement also controls the secondary air and the integrated chimney cut-off at the same time. The boiler lights automatically with a low Wattage hot surface igniter, which does not contact the wood pellet fuel and therefore is very durable. The wood pellet boiler has unique dual safety gates that are controlled by one single heavy duty spring-wound actuator for maximum burn-back protection.
Speed Regulated Draft Fan and Lambda Control
A speed regulated fan combined with oxygen and temperature based exhaust sensors allow Fröling PE1 boilers to modulate output while remaining clean and efficient. The boiler can react to changing pellet fuel (harder/softer, more/less pitch, small/large pellets) while still remaining clean. The use of oxygen control is less common, but it is the best way to ensure the cleanest burn possible. Standard large touch screens enable internet connectivity and the ability to view multiple functions at a single glance. Fröling PE1 controls track fuel use, maintenance, and the function of all electric components.
Self Cleaning System
Fröling pellet boilers self clean the combustion grate and heat exchanger so that combustion is safe, clean, and controlled while extracting as much heat as is possible from your valuable fuel. Ash is collected into a handy covered container that can be carried away like a small suitcase for disposal. Average homeowner use only requires that the ash box be removed 3-5 times per year depending on the amount of fuel used.
Fröling Connect software allows free remote monitoring and control from web enabled devices. You can read and modify the main status information and settings easily and conveniently on-line. It is also possible to store historic operating information and receive warnings such as when the ash box is full. It allows the owner of the heating system to enable additional users, for example a family member, neighbor, or service technician. Once the boiler is connected to the internet, the system can be accessed 24/7 from everywhere using a smartphone, tablet, or PC with web browser.
Pellet Storage Integration-several options available
- Universal System -one or three suction probes uniformly provide complete emptying of the storage room.
- Suction Screw System - ideal for rectangular rooms with front end removal.
- Bag Silo - pre-manufactured, flexible, simple and easy to assemble.
- External Silo - ideal for commercial or for use when there is inadequate interior space.
- The Cube - a cost-effective solution for small fuel requirements.
PE1 Wood Pellet Boiler Features
• EPA Certified
• Safety Tested and Listed
• For Home or Light Commercial Use
• Fully Automatic
• Bulk Fuel Ready
• Fully Factory Assembled
• Pneumatic Wood Pellet Feed
• Lambda Controlled for Optimal Combustion
• Unique Dual Safety Gates
• Cascade Control Available for Multiple Boilers
• Automatic Heat Exchange Cleaning
• Compact Construction
• Used With or Without Thermal Storage
• Exhaust Temperatures Under 350 F
• Ash Box with Auger for Long Ash Removal Times