Heating the Northeast conference was a huge success. Hundreds of attendees and speakers from across the country, Canada, and Europe attended the event. There were two days of presentations on retail, policy, and technology subjects and over 45 vendors related to the biomass industry showed off their wares.
A View of the BioHeatUSA booth.
The biggest news from the conference was their BOLD VISION for 2025. In a nut shell (or pellet) the five proposing organizations, call for an American Revolution to domestically produce the thermal energy consumed in the six New England states and New York.
We Propose that 25% of all thermal energy requirements in the Northeast are met with renewable energy resources by the year 2025.
We call for three quarters of the renewable energy to come from sustainably produced biomass from forest and farm resources transformed into heat with clean and efficient technology.
Key Findings and Conclusions
- Supply 19 million green tons of sustainable biomass for thermal energy available annually from forest and farm sources.
- Achieve 25% of all thermal energy from renewable resources by 2025.
- Achieve 75% of thermal renewable energy from biomass by 2025.
- Convert 1.38 million households in the seven states to biomass for thermal needs.
- Reduce 1.14 billion gallons of heating oil annually.
- Reinvest $4.5 billion in resulting economic wealth in the Northeast economy.
- Create 140,200 jobs.
- Healthier communities-Improve air quality, reduce greenhouse gasses and build healthier communities.
Please click on the links above for more information.